Mrs Tracy Pickett – Director
In addition to her role as director for QDHP, Tracy is employed as a senior solicitor and medico-legal advisor for Avant and has more than 20 years of experience in managing medico-legal complaints and litigation.
She is a member of Avant’s medico-legal advisory team and therefore is kept abreast of significant developments in the Australian medico-legal environment, as well as the day-to-day issues which impact on practitioners, providing the QDHP Board with valuable insight.
Before joining Avant, Tracy acted for health professionals indemnified by most of the other major Australian medical defence organisations, as well as Queensland Health. As a result, she has a keen understanding of how medico-legal complaints and claims have a significant impact on health care professionals.
Tracy has extensive involvement in the Brisbane medico-legal community and holds the role of president of the Medico-Legal Society of Queensland, as well as being a committee member for the Uniting Care Health Human Research Ethics Committee, and a member of the steering committee for HEAL, the Queensland Chapter of the Australasian Association of Bioethics and Health Law.
Qualifications, Fellowships & Memberships
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland
- President, Medico-Legal Society of Queensland 2019-2020
- Director, Queensland Doctors’ Health Programme
- Committee member, Uniting Care Health Human Research Ethics Committee
- Steering Committee member, Health Law and Ethics (HEAL), Queensland Chapter of the Australasian Association of Bioethics and Health Law