Article: Connecting with compassion: ‘Not just a corridor consultation by Dr Margaret Key and Vicky Dawes. AMAQ Doctor Q Magazine. September 2019.
The Queensland Integrity Commissioner and Avant partnered with QLD HEAL and Doctors’ Health in Queensland to present a podcast series on the topic: Mandatory reporting for Health Professionals: What are the ethical and legal ramifications?
The podcasts are available here.
The series of podcasts are being released individually over the coming weeks, so please return to the page to listen to more. For each podcast, our hosts will be interviewing one of our many experts including:
- Andrew Brown – Queensland Health Ombudsman (Office of the Health Ombudsman)
- Dr Mellissa Naidoo – nib Group Chief Medical Officer and past Board Director for Qld Doctors’ Health Programme
- Dr Alex Markwell – Chair of the Queensland Clinical Senate and Emergency Physician
- Professor Malcom Parker – Emeritus Professor of Medical Ethics at the University of Queensland and Adjunct Professor at ACHLR QUT
- Dr Margaret Kay – past Medical Director working with Doctors’ Health in Queensland. The podcasts explore specific issues related to the ethical and legal ramifications of mandatory notifications related to the National Law. These topics include the barriers that doctors experience when seeking health care, the role of the Qld Health Ombudsman, the importance of leadership in enhancing the health and wellbeing of doctors and other clinicians, the ethical aspects of mandatory notifications.
Other articles and papers
Article: Simple ways to afford junior doctors more autonomy by Drs’ Chris Erian, Michael Erian and Natasha Abeysekera. Published in Insight Plus MJA.
Difficult experiences when working in tough times. Identifying burnout, compassion fatigue and traumatic responses: starting conversations and moving forward. By Karen Gaunson, Kym Jenkins, Margie Stuchbery and Brett McDermott.