DHQ resources and articles
Would you like to share or display information about the DHQ helpline in your workplace? See our downloadable Who We Are PDF
Do you have your own GP? Check out our top tips on Choosing a GP
Wondering how to juggle work in medicine and life outside? Take a look at our Six Steps to Thriving in Medicine
Doctors’ Health in Queensland at JDC 2020
Panel Session: Suicide prevention and after care at JDC 2020
Doctors’ Health in Queensland by Dr Margaret Kay. Published in AMAQ DoctorQ Magazine.
The New Horizon Forum by Dr Anne Ulcoq. Published in AMAQ DoctorQ Magazine.
Supporting our trainees by Dr Anne Ulcoq. AMAQ Doctor Q Magazine. Winter 2021.
I know to look after myself – I’m a doctor by Dr Margaret Kay. O&G Magazine. Winter 2020.
Maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle by Dr Daniel Mazzoni. AMAQ Doctor Q Magazine. May 2020.
Connecting with compassion: ‘Not just a corridor consultation by Dr Margaret Key and Vicky Dawes. AMAQ Doctor Q Magazine. September 2019.
Doctors’ Health in Queensland Inaugural Annual Wellness Day by Dr Jen Schafer and Naomi Newton. Published in AMAQ DoctorQ Magazine.
Mandatory reporting for Health Professionals: What are the ethical and legal ramifications?
The podcasts are available at this link: https://www.integrity.qld.gov.au/publications/podcasts/queensland-integrity-in-health/index.aspx
The series of podcasts are being released individually over the coming weeks, so please return to the page to listen to more. For each podcast, our hosts will be interviewing one of our many experts including:
- Andrew Brown – Queensland Health Ombudsman (Office of the Health Ombudsman)
- Dr Mellissa Naidoo – nib Group Chief Medical Officer and past Board Director for Qld Doctors’ Health Programme
- Dr Alex Markwell – Chair of the Queensland Clinical Senate and Emergency Physician
- Professor Malcom Parker – Emeritus Professor of Medical Ethics at the University of Queensland and Adjunct Professor at ACHLR QUT
- Dr Margaret Kay – past Medical Director working with Doctors’ Health in Queensland. The podcasts explore specific issues related to the ethical and legal ramifications of mandatory notifications related to the National Law. These topics include the barriers that doctors experience when seeking health care, the role of the Qld Health Ombudsman, the importance of leadership in enhancing the health and wellbeing of doctors and other clinicians, the ethical aspects of mandatory notifications.
Other articles and papers
Simple ways to afford junior doctors more autonomy by Drs’ Chris Erian, Michael Erian and Natasha Abeysekera. Published in Insight Plus MJA.
Clinician wellbeing in the time of COVID-19 by Drs’ Lynne McKinlay and Alex Markwell. Published in AMAQ DoctorQ Magazine.
Engaging patients in doctors’ mental health. By Drs’ Christopher Erian, Michael Erian, Anna Tanios and Glenda McLaren. Published in Insight Plus MJA.
Difficult experiences when working in tough times. Identifying burnout, compassion fatigue and traumatic responses: starting conversations and moving forward. By Karen Gaunson, Kym Jenkins, Margie Stuchbery and Brett McDermott.
A Guide to Understanding and Coping with Compassion Fatigue from Online MSW Programs.