Many medical professional organisations offer employee or member benefits that include personal support and helplines. The list below is not exhaustive.
These resources are unaffiliated to Doctors’ Health in Queensland.
For all doctors and medical students
For immediate crisis support:
Medical Indemnity Providers
- AMA: The Australian Medical Association (AMA) is a membership organisation representing registered medical practitioners and medical students of Australia.
- AMA Queensland: QLD based membership organisation providing support, leadership, promotion and advocacy for the advancement of the medical profession in Queensland at all stages of their career.
- CRANAplus Bush Support Service: a free and confidential telephone counselling service for rural and remote area health professionals and their families.
- Rural Doctors Association Queensland: supporting rural and remote doctors and the communities they serve.
- Beyondblue’s Health Services Program: The aim of the Health Services Program is to address the prevalence of anxiety, depression and suicide in staff working in health services across Australia.
- TEN- The Essential Network for Health Professionals: TEN connects health workers to a network of essential resources and support to manage stress and maintain good mental health.
- Your Hospital and Health Service (HHS) may have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available, eg. Queensland Health EAP.
- Your local HR department may have other supports available.
- RACGP GP Support Program EAP service operated by LifeWorks by Morneau Shepell
- RACP RACP Support Program EAP service operated by Converge International
- RACS RACS Support Program EAP service operated by Converge International
- Doctors' Support Program EAP service operated by Converge International
- Wellbeing SIG
- Supporting Anaesthetists’ Professionalism and Performance: A guide for clinicians
- ACRRM ACRRM Support Resources and EAP service
Medical Student Society Contact Details
|UQMS (Uni of Queensland)||
|MSSBU (Bond Uni)||Email: email@example.com or
|JCUMS (James Cook Uni)||Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or make contact through their FB page:
|GUMS (Griffith Uni)||Send an email to GUMS email@example.com or a message via their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/GUMSMedSoc/
Australian Medical Students Association: The Australian Medical Students’ Association (AMSA) is the peak representative body for Australian medical students.
When the cowpat hits the windmill: The National Rural Health Network’s mental health guide. Written by students for students and last updated June 2019.
Career Support Services
Other Doctors' Health Services
DRS4DRS has been developed by the medical profession for the medical profession. Through our network of doctors’ health advisory and referral services, we offer an independent, safe, supportive and confidential service. DRS4DRS promotes the health and wellbeing of doctors and medical students across Australia. We’re here to help you find the support you need – online resources, referral services and importantly for wellbeing, we’ll help you find a GP.
Australasian Doctors' Health Network: Established as an independent network of doctors' health services across Australia and New Zealand.
Links to other state and territory doctors’ health services:
Medical Benevolent Association of Queensland (MBAQ): The Association provides financial assistance to help medical practitioners through crises.
Alcohol & Other Drugs
Australian Doctors in Recovery: A doctors’ mutual support group in recovery from addiction to alcohol and other substances.
Mindfulness & Mental Health
The Smiling Mind Healthcare Worker Program is a new app to support the mental health and wellbeing of healthcare workers.
Head to Health: If you’re trying to improve your own mental health, or support somebody else with mental health issues, Head to Health provides links to trusted Australian online and phone supports, resources and treatment options.
Black Dog Institute: Creating a mentally healthier world through the translation of research.
Crazy Socks 4 Docs: Help raise awareness of the mental health of doctors and health professionals.
askizzy.org.au Ask Izzy is a mobile website that connects people who are in crisis with the services they need right now and nearby.