Dr Eugene Wong – Director & Helpline Panel Volunteer
Dr Eugene Wong is a GP (FRACGP and FACRRM) rural doctor with credentials in Anaesthesia and Retrieval Medicine, and is a DHQ helpline panel member. His current role is as Director of Medical Services at a regional Queensland hospital.
He has predominantly lived and worked rurally and remotely and within Queensland has worked in the Torres Strait (Thursday Island), Cape York communities and North West Queensland (with RFDS), Central Queensland (Emerald) and Central West Queensland (Longreach). He has held various education roles throughout his career and has a heart for junior doctors and doctors in training. He has been a board director of the Remote Vocational Training Scheme Ltd.
Eugene has a keen interest in healthcare culture and leadership, and doctor wellbeing (“caring for those who care”).
Qualifications, Fellowships & Memberships
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (UNSW)
- Fellow, Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP)
- Fellow, Royal Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (FACRRM)
- Associate Fellowship, Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (AFRACMA)
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD)
- Master of International Public Health (Sydney)
- Master of Health Services Management (Monash)
- Graduate Diploma in Indigenous and Remote Child Health (Flinders)
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Simulation (Monash)
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning (Griffith)
- Graduate Certificate in Executive Leadership (UQ)
- Executive Graduate Certificate in Business (Leadership through Coaching and Mentoring) (QUT)