Ms Danae Younger – Director
In addition to her role as director for QDHP, Danae is a Barrister, Mediator and Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner at the private Bar in Queensland. She is also an Adjunct Lecturer for the College of Law, teaching in their Professional Legal Training program for graduate law students, and a co-author of annotation updates on the textbook, ”Carter’s Criminal Law of Queensland” (Lexisnexis).
She has worked as a legal practitioner for more than 15 years, in both private practice and government across a range of practice areas including particularly criminal and disciplinary law. She is experienced in providing legal advice and representation in medico-legal matters, relating to disciplinary and criminal law complaints, as well as relating to coronial inquests. As a result, Danae has first-hand experience of how medico-legal complaints, disciplinary and criminal law processes often have a detrimental impact on health care professionals.
Danae is passionate about social justice, rehabilitation and support of people who face disciplinary and/or criminal processes, and the work of the QDHP is in line with her values and professional commitment to these issues.
– Barrister – first called to the Bar 8 March 2011 (Current Practising Certificate with the Bar Association of Queensland)
– Nationally Accredited Mediator, Bar Association of Queensland, since 26 February 2020
– Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner, Attorney General’s Department, since 24 June 2021
– Admitted as a Legal Practitioner, Supreme Court of Queensland, 31 January 2005
– Justice of the Peace (Qualified), Queensland, since 3 November 2004
– Bachelor of Arts, University of Queensland
· Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland
– National Accredited Mediator Training Program, College of Law
– Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution Practice
– Bar Practice Course – Queensland University of Technology
· Member, Medico-Legal Society of Queensland
– Committee Member, Doctors Health Advisory Service (Qld)
– Director, Queensland Doctors’ Health Programme
– member of the administrative law (including disciplinary) sub-committee, Bar Association of Qld
– member of the criminal law committee, Australian Bar Association